Prejudice Free Dorset (PFD) has made every effort to ensure that this website is accessible to as many people as possible, whatever their requirements, screen resolution or method of accessing the site.
This website has been built to conform to internet and accessibility standards, including:
- Separation of content, style and structure using CSS and HTML
- All major browsers tested
- Scalable display for viewing on different screen sizes, smart phones and tablets (using a responsive template)
- Site map and search available from every page
- Relative font sizes used
- Adjustable colours and text size possible through user’s own browser settings (more information here)
- Clear links for easy identification and navigation
- External links open in new window/tab
- No frames or pop-up windows
- Tables not used for layout purposes
- Clear mandatory form requirements.
Users are encouraged to customise their own computer with any assistive technologies required to suit their individual needs.
A useful resource for web accessibility with advice about how to adjust your computer to meet your requirements can be found at the abilitynet website.
Help with accessing PDF files
To read PDF documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (or a similar software) installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader already installed, you can download it for free from adobe.com.
We try to ensure our site content is accessible, however you may find some limitations.
We always aim to communicate simply and clearly. Unfortunately, this is not always possible as our website has different authors covering many different subjects. Furthermore, some subjects can be complicated, and difficult to convey.
If you are experiencing difficulties using the site or require any technical advice, please contact Preflect, who look after our website, on email@example.com and they will provide further guidance.
Prejudice Free Dorset (PFD) is a partnership group made up of local agencies that seeks to promote inclusive communities across Dorset.